26 Jul 2015

Liebster Award


 I got nominated for the Liebster Award by Grace from lovingmylit

It's very nice to know she thinks I deserve this award! Thank you, Grace! :)


  

The Rules:

1) Acknowledge the blog who nominated you and display the award

2) Answer the 11 questions the blogger gave you

3) Give 11 random facts about yourself

4) Nominate 11 blogs you think are deserving of the award

5) Let the bloggers know you have nominated them

6) Give them 11 questions to answer

Lovingmylit's questions:

Which one do you use more: the library or Amazon/bookstores?

(Online) bookstores! I mostly read in English an my local libraries don't have many English books, therefore I buy what I need.

How many books do you own?

I've never counted them. Altogether in our flat there are hundreds of books (my father is an avid reader too).

How do you organize your bookshelves: rainbow or alphabetically? If you have a Kindle/iPad, do you categorize your ebooks?

Mostly I organize it by book size and writer or topic (e.g.: my Shakespeares are next to each other, also I have a collection of books about the son of Napoleon, the Duke of Reichstadt, those are together as well). 

I categorize my ebooks by genre.

Are you on Goodreads? What’s your user name?

Yes. Here.

What’s your relationship with John Green?

I love the guy, even though I haven't read any of his books yet. I've watched his and Hank's videos. They are funny and thoughtful.

Are you religious?

I'm Roman Catholic, although I don't frequent the church any more (I went regularly until I was 18).

What’s your favorite kind of cover: simplistic, hand-drawn, or photographed?

There are many different things that can draw me in a cover. From these listed above, I'd say I prefer the simplistic ones.

Do you follow book ‘trends’? 

I read what I'd like to read, it depends on my mood, not on the trend.

Do you have a local bookstore?

Sure, I do. With lots of Hungarian books in it and few English ones.

Do you read comics? Do you consider them ‘books’?

I want to start reading comics. I haven't read any so far. I might start with Saga, because the art seems pretty in that one. And yes, I consider them books.

Have you ever bought a book for its cover alone? Which one?

Yes! The book is called The Outcast (by Sadie Jones). I bought it, because the man and the woman on the cover reminded my of Tom Hiddleston and Rachel Weisz from the movie 'The Deep Blue Sea' which I adore. In the end I liked the story too, in spite of the fact that it was very depressive. 


11 random facts about myself:
  1. I'm Hungarian
  2. I'm a teacher trainee (and currently am working at a language school)
  3. I love watching movies and tv shows
  4. I always obsess over something
  5. I speak English and some Spanish and I'd like to learn Danish someday
  6. I must be the only one in the world who started Gone Girl and didn't finish it
  7. I love owls and stuff (clothes, bags etc.) with owls on it
  8. I have a 7 year old little brother
  9. I have a sweet tooth
  10. I want to set out on a literary tour in England someday
  11. I hate wasting paper

Questions for my nominees:
  1. What's your favourite book cover?
  2. Favourite reading position?
  3. If you could choose one book to live in, which one would it be?
  4. Can you imagine yourself as the hero of a book? If yes, what genre your book would be?
  5. Agatha Christie or Conan-Doyle?
  6. Poirot or Miss Marple?
  7. Do you/Did you struggle with compulsory readings?
  8. What books will you read to your kids?
  9. What were your favourite bedtime stories?
  10. Do you read in other languages than English?
  11. What was the most influential book that you've ever read?
Nominees:

Kate - thelawandthereader

Lexxie - unconventionalbookviews

Stormi & Kathy - booksmoviesreviewsohmy

Sophie - seamlessreade 

Carina - carinabooks

Sarah - treesofreverie

Aleksandra - my-book-obsession

Alma - journeythroughfiction

Andrea - theoverstuffedbookcase

Jessica - jessabellareads

Megan - bookgeeksanonymous

No comments:

Post a Comment