20 Mar 2017

Goodreads Monday #2

Goodreads Monday is a weekly meme hosted by Lauren @ Lauren’s Page Turners. To participate, choose a random book from your TBR and show it off! Don’t forget to link back to Lauren’s Page Turners and link up to the inlinkz so others can see what you picked!

I decided I will always link Goodreads Mondays with my current read, so I will never have to choose a book from my TBR randomly (that's just too... random for me, I guess).

Right now I'm reading Girl in Disguise by Greer Macallister and since it touches upon the Civil War that eventually ended slavery in America, it brought a book to my mind that is set just before the war and features a heroine who becomes an abolitionist.

Meet today's can't-wait-to-read:

Candle in the Darkness
(Refiner's Fire #1)
by Lynn Austin


Synopsis:

The daughter of a wealthy slave-holding family from Richmond, Virginia, Caroline Fletcher is raised in a culture that believes slavery is God-ordained and biblically acceptable. But upon awakening to the cruelty and injustice it encompasses, Caroline's eyes are opened for the first time to the men and women who have cared tirelessly for her. Her journey of maturity and faith will draw her into the abolitionist movement, where she is confronted with the risks and sacrifices her beliefs entail.

Have you read any books from this period? Are you planning to?
Don't forget to leave your GM links down below! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment