20 Mar 2018

Tell Me Something Tuesday #2 Books I can't wait to share

 

'Tell Me Something Tuesday' is a weekly discussion post at Rainy Day Ramblings.

The question of the week is:

What books are you excited to share with your kids or younger readers in your life? 

I don't have kids yet, but I'm lucky enough to have a brother who was born when I was 18. Basically I'm like a second mum to him, I've been there since the moment he was born. 

He has only recently started to become interested in reading but to this day he rather reads together with someone than alone. I sit down with him quite often to read a few pages of a book out loud, then he takes over and we take turns like this until we read our fill. We have so much fun with this method!

He is ten, so he's reached the 'ripe' age when he can be intorduced to middle grade books. So far we have read the first three instalments in the Harry Potter series and we have started the first book in the Percy Jackson series a couple of weeks ago. I'm new to the Percy Jackson stories, the plot fascinates me as much as it does him. 


Books I can't wait to share with my kids one day:


Winnie The Pooh 
by A. A. Milne

I remember reading many adventures featuring Winnie the Pooh, sitting in a comfy chair in my grandmother's flat but of course the original was the best. That was around the time when I got my first library card and I think the first books I borrowed from the library included Winnie the Pooh tales. I would like to intorduce this sweet bear to my kids one day and vice versa.



by P. L. Travers

The one and only. I read the sequel too, devoured both books and liked to pretend I can fly with an umbrella in my hand. I'd like to believe that if I'll have a daughter she'll be as in love with this story as I was once.





by Meg Cabot

This is such a funny and witty series... I remember I wished for a cat like Mia's when I was knee-deep in these books. That cute creature on the cover is so precious.





by Henryk Sienkiewicz

This is a lesser known children's classic that is set in Africa. I will probably not give it to my children until they are a bit older (10-12 perhaps) because I remember I started to read it twice first I couldn't get into it, I needed to mature a bit. Later I LOVED it though. It's about a pair of children who get lost in Africa; they get abducted, then they escape and try to find their way home. They make friends with animals and African children during their journey.


What would be your picks? Leave a comment and let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment