31 Mar 2018

Weekend Wrap-up #3

The Sunday post is a weekly meme hosted by Caffeinated Reviewer. It's a chance to share news, a post to recap the past week on your blog and showcase books and things you have received.


I was on the move the whole week, it felt really nice to leave my town for a bit after spending months at home. I was called in for a job interview in Budapest so I travelled there in the middle of the week. That also gave me opportunity to spend a whole day there with my boyfriend after the interview. We went to the cinema, watched Black Panther at last and we even had some time left to wander around together. It was a lovely day.

On Friday we came to Oradea, Romania with my family to spend the Easter weekend here and we are having a good time. It's a beautiful city with wonderful buildings (although a lot of them could do with a little renovation). There is an Easter market in the main square, the sun is shining... all in all I count myself lucky to be here right now.

I hope your Easter weekend is going well too!

Posts this week:

Stacking the Shelves is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews that makes it possible to share with other bookworms what books you added to your shelves physical or virtual during the week. 

Purchased:

Physical book: 
 
Title: Norse Mythology

Author: Neil Gaiman 


I was so glad to find this book in one of the shop windows in Oradea. I bought the last copy, it was waiting just for me. As you know Neil Gaiman is my favourite contemporary writer, I'm collecting his books. Can't wait to start this. I've always wanted to know more about Norse Mythology.








Ebook:

Title: How to Hang a Witch

Author: Adriana Mather

Source: Amazon


I've featured this book in one of my Goodreads Monday posts before. Since I'm watching NBC's Timeless, and the Salem episode is coming up this Sunday I wanted to start a book that matches the theme. Probably I will start this tomorrow and we'll see how I'll like it.





ARCs:

Title: The Shipbuilder

Author: Salina B. Baker

Source: RABT Book Tours 


Paradise Found will be part of The Shipbuilder's book tour and since these days I'm drawn to sea adventures or books that have something to do with ships and the sea I'm excited about this novel. I have started reading it and my book tour post is coming on April 15.




Title: Winter Eternal (The River that Flows Two Ways #1)

Author: E. Thomas Joseph

Source: Prodigy Gold Books


Prodigy Gold Books asked me to read and review this new title of theirs. At the time of the War of Independence soldiers and occultists alike race to acquire a mysterious artifact that can defeat time. It sounds interesting, I like the setting and the cover too (zombie soldier, hahhh).




How was your week? What are you reading at the moment? Please leave your STS and Sunday post links in a comment below!

No comments:

Post a Comment