4 May 2018

Book Beginnings and the Friday 56 #13

TGIF! My best friend is coming home today from London and I can't wait for her to arrive! Her plane lands at night but she'll sleep at my place today, which means we'll have some time to catch up. On Monday she's travelling back to the UK but in two weeks she's moving home for good and we can meet more at last! YAAAY!


That's all about me for today, let's get down to Friday business!


Book Beginnings on Friday and The Friday 56 are weekly memes hosted by Rose City Reader and Freda's Voice.

Rules: 

Book Beginnings: Share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. 

The Friday 56: Grab a book, turn to page 56 or 56% in you eReader. Find any sentence (not spoilery) and reflect on it if you want.


The book on display today is:

by Amy Trueblood


Synopsis:

Grace Lafferty only feels alive when she's dangling 500 feet above ground. As a post-World War I wing walker, Grace is determined to get to the World Aviation Expo, proving her team’s worth against flashier competitors and earning a coveted Hollywood contract.

No one’s ever questioned Grace’s ambition until Henry Patton, a mechanic with plenty of scars from the battlefield, joins her barnstorming team. With each new death-defying trick, Henry pushes Grace to consider her reasons for being a daredevil. Annoyed with Henry’s constant interference, and her growing attraction to him, Grace continues to test the powers of the sky.

After one of her risky maneuvers saves a pilot’s life, a Hollywood studio offers Grace a chance to perform at the Expo. She jumps at the opportunity to secure her future. But when a stunt goes wrong, Grace must decide whether Henry, and her life, are worth risking for one final trick.



Book Beginning:

 "Blue sky, perfect day to fly. Uncle Warren's favourite phrase ran through my head as I trudged behind Daniel across the field."

I love when the sky is clear blue, it is indeed beautiful.


The Friday 56:

"I didn't know anything about this man other than he was rich and powerful. Trusting him felt like trusting Rowland in many ways, but I had to get this team to Chicago. If that meant agreeing to Mr. Knickerbocker's offer, it was a risk I had to take."

Hm... Who is this mysterious fellow, I wonder?


What are you reading these days? Share your Friday post with me in a comment below! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment